The Last Stop — a Courier Journal investigation into Louisville’s busing legacy:
- This could be the last stop for busing at JCPS. Was it worth it?
- Why Louisville’s once diverse elementary classrooms are disappearing
- Why JCPS is breaking its rules for diversity in schools
- After years of contentious policy battles, Kentucky has school choice. What’s next?
- On shaky ground: How did Kentucky’s watershed education reform act hold up after 30 years?
- 45 years after Louisville’s busing riots, could a proposal cause schools to resegregate?
- Educators worry politics, fear of critical race theory may curb push to teach about race
- ‘Normal was not working’: Reopening is the latest hurdle in JCPS’ push for racial equity
- JCPS hasn’t heard from thousands of students since schools closed. A quarter speak little English
- High-poverty schools don’t fare well on state tests. These JCPS schools challenged the odds
- JCPS dress codes punish girls harder than boys, causing them to miss class time
- Thousands of JCPS teachers needed substitutes this school year. Many didn’t get them.
- Why security threats quadrupled in Louisville’s public schools in 2021
- Why are 6 JCPS principals unfit to turn around their schools? State audits offer few clues
- Lawmaker wants to limit discussion of systemic racism in Kentucky classrooms
- After uncertainty, Kentucky legislature overrides Beshear veto of school choice measure
- Trump administration is pushing Kentucky lawmakers to pass school choice program
- Protesters, driven by disdain for critical race theory, derail JCPS school board meeting
- JCPS scrubbed references to critical race theory as controversy mounted, documents show
- A split JCPS school board votes to reopen classrooms, nearly a year after closing
- ‘This is a whole new world’: JCPS confronts its digital divide as classes resume virtually
- New Kentucky test scores show stark differences in JCPS schools’ achievement
- Some of Kentucky’s highest performing schools may no longer be allowed to kick out struggling students