investigative + data + enterprise:
- JCPS hasn’t heard from thousands of students since schools closed. A quarter speak little English
- Why are 6 JCPS principals unfit to turn around their schools? State audits offer few clues
- On shaky ground: How did Kentucky’s watershed education reform act hold up after 30 years?
- JCPS dress codes punish girls harder than boys, causing them to miss class time
- Assaults on JCPS educators appear rare. But teachers say they don’t always report them
- Coronavirus school closures push out student teachers. Will US teacher shortage get worse?
- Is a proposed JCPS assignment plan the key to equity or a step back?
- ‘This is a whole new world’: JCPS confronts its digital divide as classes resume virtually
- Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear calls on schools to close over coronavirus
- Trump administration is pushing Kentucky lawmakers to pass school choice program
- New Kentucky test scores show stark differences in JCPS schools’ achievement
- Promise fulfilled: Beshear breaks up Kentucky Board of Education on first day as governor
- Kentucky law ran afoul of federal rules, putting education funding in jeopardy
- A new normal: How JCPS students, teachers and parents grappled with distance learning
- High-poverty schools don’t fare well on state tests. These JCPS schools challenged the odds
- ‘The Disney World of education’: How this Kentucky school uses a slide to promote learning
- Teacher’s pet: Ari the therapy dog is loving life at Louisville’s Slaughter Elementary